Today PUBG Corp has released one of the largest patches for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS since its launch to the test servers. This new patch includes map selection which has been highly requested by the community as well as new weapon balance changes, new equipment, and a new weapon and vehicle.
First up is the brand-new map selection system which was teased last week. This new system will allow players to select the map that they wish to play on, or select from a pool of maps they would like to play on and have a map randomly selected.
Up next is the change-up to weapon balancing, with almost every weapon in the game being reworked. Assault Rifles have been rebalanced with the goal of making it so that no single rifle is considered the best in the game, but each rifle brings certain advantages to different situations. SMG’s have been adjusted to make them more effective in short range combat, while Shotguns have had their overall damage and effective range adjusted. DMR’s have also been adjusted so that the head, body, and limb modifiers have increased, and the damage for the Mini 14 and VSS have also been increased.
This update also brings a host of new attachments to the game including the following:
- DuckBill: A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Light Grip: It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
- Thumb Grip: It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Half Grip: It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- 3x Scope: This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- 6x Scope: This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
Along with these brand-new attachments, players will now be able to change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope by using the scope zeroing keys within the game.
The game has also received a new weapon: the SLR. This brand new DMR uses 7.62mm ammo. The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but at the price of higher recoil than the SKS. There is also a brand-new vehicle, the Mirado, which is a classic 4-seat muscle car that can be found only in downtown areas and main city streets on Miramar.
Overall, this new update is one of the largest since the game’s release and brings many changes and additions to the game. You can check out the full patch notes to see everything that this new patch is bringing to the game here. Be sure to leave a comment below and let us know what you think about these new changes and what you are looking forward to the most when this new patch hits the live servers.